The General Hospital spoilers for the week of March 19-25, 2019 reveal that Maxie is back in Port Charles!
The character has been absent since 2016 when she left town to go to college and pursue a career in journalism. She made her debut on GH in 2005 and was involved with some of the show’s biggest storylines including her marriage to Spinelli (Bradford Anderson), who she divorced after he cheated on her with Lulu (Emme Rylan). Maxie also had an affair with Nathan West while married to Spinelli which resulted in their son Maximus “Max” Scorpio Jr., who currently resides with his father at Wyndemere Castle.
Maxie is the daughter of Dr. Alan Quartermaine and Lainey Winters. She grew up in Port Charles with her sister Georgie, who has been married to Lucky Spencer since 1991. Maxie attended boarding school at St. Margaret’s School for Girls in Connecticut and later went on to study at Yale University where she earned her degree in psychology. After graduating from Yale, Maxie moved back home with her family where she worked as an intern at General Hospital before becoming a resident psychiatrist at GH Medical Center under Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake (Kimberly McCullough).
Maxie’s relationships with the other characters on General Hospital are a major part of her story. Let’s take a look at some of the most important ones:
- Maxie and Spinelli — These two have been friends since childhood, and they’ve had their share of ups and downs over the years. They’re currently separated by distance, but it seems like they’ll reconnect soon!
- Maxie and Georgie — Maxie met Georgie when she moved back to Port Charles after spending time in New York City. They bonded over their shared love for fashion, but they’ve had some conflicts as well–for example, when Maxie started dating Franco (who was actually married).
Maxie’s most memorable storylines include:
- Her affair with Spinelli, which led to his divorce from Lulu.
- Her relationship with Mac and the birth of their daughter Georgie.
- The time she was abducted by a crazed patient and had to fight for her life in the hospital basement when he tried to kill her and everyone else who was down there.
- Maxie’s potential future storylines
- Maxie’s potential future relationships
- Maxie’s potential future developments
Maxie’s impact on General Hospital
Maxie is the show’s most daring character. She’s always willing to take risks and do things that no one else would dare do. This has made her a fan favorite; viewers just love watching Maxie get into trouble!
Maxie’s impact on viewers
Maxie has an undeniable influence over other characters in GH, especially those who are close to her. She has been known to manipulate people into doing things they normally wouldn’t do–even her own mother! But don’t worry: Maxie always means well (even if she doesn’t always succeed).
Maxie is a character who has been on the show since 2008 and has been through a lot over the years. She was one of the first characters to be introduced after Steve Burton left as Jason Morgan, but she hasn’t always had an easy time of it. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 (she got better), married Dr. Patrick Drake (they got divorced), and then ended up pregnant by her ex-boyfriend Spinelli (she lost their baby). Maxie has faced some tough times, but she always manages to bounce back stronger than ever before!
In addition to being one of General Hospital’s longest running characters–and maybe even its most beloved?–Maxie also has quite an impressive legacy behind her name: she helped save Lulu from drowning when they were kids; she dated both Nathan West and Dante Falconeri; she once tried out for cheerleading captain; etc., etc., etc…