All You Need to Know About Red Chilli: Uses, Benefits, and Side Effects
Red chilli is one of the most commonly used spices in various cuisines around the world. Its pungent and spicy taste adds a unique flavour to dishes, making them more appetizing. Besides adding flavour to food, red chilli also has numerous health benefits. In this article, we will explore the various uses, benefits, & side effects of red chilli.
Uses of Red Chilli
Red chilli is a versatile spice that can be used in various ways. It is commonly used as a powder or whole, depending on the recipe. The powder form is easier to use as it can be added to the dish while cooking. The whole form is usually used for tempering or seasoning, where the chilli is fried in oil or ghee to release its flavours.
Apart from its culinary uses, red chilli is also used in traditional medicine. It contains capsaicin, which is known to have analgesic properties. Capsaicin is also used in topical creams and ointments to alleviate pain & inflammation.
Benefits of Red Chilli
Red chilli has numerous health benefits. Here are some of them:
- Boosts Metabolism – Red chilli is known to boost metabolism, which aids in weight loss. Capsaicin in red chilli increases thermogenesis, which is the process of heat production in the body.
- Relieves Pain – Capsaicin in red chilli is known to have analgesic properties. It is used in topical creams & ointments to alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Improves Heart Health – Red chilli is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that help improve heart health. Capsaicin in red chilli also helps reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Fights Inflammation – Red chilli has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the body. This makes it useful in the treatment of arthritis & other inflammatory conditions.
Side Effects of Red Chilli
While red chilli has numerous health benefits, it can also have some side effects. Here are some of them:
- Upset Stomach – Red chilli can irritate the lining of the stomach, leading to stomach cramps & diarrhea.
- Heartburn – Red chilli can cause heartburn, especially in people who are sensitive to spicy foods.
- Skin Irritation – Capsaicin in red chilli can cause skin irritation and burning sensation. This can be a problem for people with sensitive skin.
- Allergies – Some people may be allergic to red chilli, which can cause symptoms such as itching, hives, and difficulty breathing.
You can read this similar topics article:
Wellhealthorganic.com:Red Chilli You Should Know About Red Chilli Uses Benefits Side Effects
Red chilli is a versatile spice that has numerous health benefits. It is commonly used in various cuisines around the world to add flavor to dishes. Red chilli is also used in traditional medicine to alleviate pain & inflammation. While it has numerous health benefits, it can also have some side effects, especially in people who are sensitive to spicy foods. If you are considering using red chilli for its health benefits, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional first.