APSHCL stands for Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited, a nodal agency that oversees the implementation of various housing schemes in the state. APSHCL aims to provide affordable and quality housing to the weaker sections of the society, especially the rural poor, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other backward classes. In this blog post, we will explore the functions, objectives, and achievements of APSHCL.
Functions of APSHCL
APSHCL performs the following functions:
- It implements all centrally sponsored housing schemes in Andhra Pradesh, such as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), and Rajiv Gruha Kalpa (RGK).
- It provides financial and technical assistance to developers, contractors, and beneficiaries for constructing houses under various schemes.
- It propagates cost-effective and eco-friendly building components and technologies, such as prefabricated structures, fly ash bricks, and solar panels.
- It monitors and evaluates the progress and quality of housing projects through online portals and field visits.
- It coordinates with various departments, agencies, and stakeholders for smooth execution of housing schemes.
Objectives of APSHCL
APSHCL has the following objectives:
- To provide pucca houses with basic amenities to all eligible beneficiaries in rural and urban areas.
- To improve the living standards and socio-economic status of the poor and marginalized sections of the society.
- To promote sustainable development and environmental conservation through green building practices.
- To create employment opportunities and skill development for the local people involved in housing construction.
Achievements of APSHCL
APSHCL has achieved remarkable results in providing housing to the needy people in Andhra Pradesh. Some of the notable achievements are:
- It has constructed more than 20 lakh houses under various schemes since its inception in 1983.
- It has received several awards and recognitions from the central and state governments for its performance and innovation in housing sector.
- It has successfully implemented the YSR Housing Scheme, a flagship program of the state government that aims to provide free houses to all eligible beneficiaries by 2024.
- It has launched a web portal called PMU Housing that enables online application, verification, sanction, payment, and grievance redressal for housing beneficiaries.
APSHCL is a vital agency that plays a key role in fulfilling the housing needs and aspirations of the people of Andhra Pradesh. By implementing various housing schemes with efficiency and transparency, APSHCL is contributing to the vision of “Housing for All” in the state.